Defrost Heater Cable
Defrost heater cables are used for many applications in refrigeration industry, e.g drain line pipes, drain pans, evaporators, floors, doors and threshold etc. The quality of these heating elements are essential for the proper function of the refrigeration system. The features of our heaters are:
- Totally waterproof
- Double insulation
- Press molded end piece
- Joint free construction, simple and reliable
- Extremely flexible
- Operation temperature range: -70°C - 200°C
- Available with different styles of connectors and power plugs
|Heating Element||Nickel Chromium or Copper Nickel alloy heating wire|
|Cross Section Profile||Flat Oval, 5mmx7mm|
|Joint Processing||Waterproof silicone molding|
|Cold Tail||1.0 meter|
|Line Watt Density||40W/m or 50W/m|
|Supply Voltage||230V, 115V|
|Maximum Operation Temperature||200°C|
|Minimum Operation Temperature||-70°C|
|Model No||Heated Length (m)||Watts A (40W/m)||Watts B (50W/m)|
- In addition to the standard program, customers are free to define their own defrost heater cables, e.g. with different watts, heating wire length, cold zone length, color of the cable, metal braided sheath, temperature control, etc.
- version A (40W/m) of the drain line heater cables are for plastic pipe. Version B (50W/m) are for metal pipe.
- Users are not allowed to cut the RDL series defrost heater cable to reduce the length of the cold tail. Customization has to be made in factory.
- We have constant wattage silicone heater wires which can be trimmed on site.
Application Description in Refrigeration Industry
- Prevent door seals from sticking due to freeze of refrigeration equipment running below zero degree
- Prevent ice forming and assist evaporation in the drain pan by laying heater cables underneath
- Protect fluids circulating in exchangers, pumps, collectors, tanks and piping from freezing, and guard against malfunctioning and flow interference.
- Prevent ice forming on the surface of the floor, at the entrances and exits of freezing tunnels, unloading docks, etc.
- Allow water from defrost cycles to flow. When the drain pipe is partially located inside of the cold room, a drain line heater must be installed.