Unless otherwise agreed, the drawing and specification of standard Sinomas NPT fusible plugs are as follows:
φ stands for the diameter of the central venting hole.
Yield temperature: per specified
Tolerance of yield temperature: ±3K(normally within ±1.5K)
Material of plug body: Brass or stainless steel
Alloy: eutectic alloy with several components
Test pressure: 3.5 MPa (high pressure upon request)
Max service pressure: 10 MPa for brass, 50 MPa for stainless steel
Please supply the following information when you order fusible plugs from us:
- plug body material
- yield temperature
- thread specification
- drawing (if different from the drawing above)
- other requirements
- order quantity
Material certificate and test report can be supplied upon request. Minor service fee may be charged depending on your requirement and order quantity.
- We make sure that all our products function as they are designed to be. However it is the customer's responsibility to choose the right fusible plug for their application.
- Apply anaerobic sealing adhesive or thread sealing tape for installation to avoid leakage.
- Please check with us if the service pressure of your application is higher than 5.0 Mpa.
- Fusible plug does not protect against over-pressure from improper charging practices. In other words, fusible plugs only operate on over temperature instead of over pressure.
- We strongly recommend to replace the fusible plug after 12 - 18 months of service.