Thin Film Patch Pt100
Derived from the polyimide heater manufacturing process, the thin film patch RTD (Pt100 and Pt1000) give exceptional performance for surface temperature sensing. They can be used on any application where a lightweight, miniature, durable, flexible and rugged temperature sensor is required. This unique 0.2mm thick (plus 0.9mm of the chip thickness) RTD sensor probe in the form of a 5mm x 15mm polyimide foil, provides millisecond responses and high dielectric strengths combined with very low thermal mass and physical profile.
The polyimide laminates both support and electrically insulate the RTD / Pt100 chip as well as providing a flat surface for cementing the thin film RTD to. The available custom options are:
- The type of RTD: Pt100, Pt1000
- The number of lead wires: 2, 3 or 4
- The length of lead wire
- The type of lead termination
- The size of polyimide film laminate: 5x15mm, other sizes upon request
- Optional with pressure sensitive adhesive backing
The temperature range of the thin film RTD / Pt100 is -60°C to 200°C continuously. The patch probe can be made of silicone rubber as well.
We have a new type of film RTD which consist of a wrapped platinum wire encased in polyimide foil. The foil is also available with an adhesive tape backing. Wire length and connection type in 2-, 3- or 4-wire circuitry are built according to customer demand. The advantages are:
- suitable for flat, curved surfaces, or inaccessible places
- more sensitive and accurate due to the thin profile and larger sensing area
- measure the average temperature of an area than a point
- Easy installation, optional with adhesive tape backing
- Excellent moisture resistance