Derived from polyimide heater manufacturing technology, film RTD (Pt100 or Pt1000) gives exceptional performance for surface temperature sensing. They can be used on any application where a lightweight, miniature, durable, flexible and rugged temperature sensor is required. This unique 0.2mm thick (plus 0.9mm of the chip thickness) RTD probe in the form of a 5mm x 15mm polyimide patch, provides millisecond responses and high dielectric strengths combined with very low thermal mass and physical profile.
The polyimide laminates both support and electrically insulate the RTD / Pt100 chip as well as providing a flat surface for cementing the thin film RTD to. The available custom options include:
- The type of RTD: Pt100, Pt1000
- The number of lead wires: 2, 3 or 4
- The length of lead wire
- The type of lead termination
- The size of polyimide film laminate: 5x15mm, 8x20mm, or customized sizes
- Optional with pressure sensitive adhesive backing
The range of operation temperature of the film RTD / Pt100 is -60°C to 200°C continuously. The RTD probe can be made of silicone rubber as well.