Derived from the polyimide heater manufacturing technology, film RTD probe (Pt100 or Pt1000) gives exceptional performance for surface temperature sensing. They can be used on any application where a lightweight, miniature, durable, flexible and rugged temperature sensor is required. This unique 0.2mm thick (plus 0.9mm of the chip thickness) RTD probe in the form of a 5mm x 15mm polyimide patch, provides millisecond responses and high dielectric strengths combined with very low thermal mass and physical profile.
The polyimide laminates both support and electrically insulate the RTD / Pt100 chip as well as providing a flat surface for cementing the thin film RTD to. The available custom options are:
- The type of RTD: Pt100, Pt1000
- The number of lead wires: 2, 3 or 4
- The length of lead wire
- The type of lead termination
- The size of polyimide film laminate: 5x15mm, 8x20mm, or customized sizes
- Optional with pressure sensitive adhesive backing
The temperature range of the film RTD / Pt100 is -60°C to 200°C continuously. The RTD probe can be made of silicone rubber patch as well.
We have a new type of film RTD which consist of a wrapped platinum wire encased in polyimide foil. The foil is also available with an adhesive tape backing. Wire length and connection type in 2-, 3- or 4-wire circuitry are built according to customer demand. The advantages are:
- suitable for flat, curved surfaces, or inaccessible places
- more sensitive and accurate due to the thin profile and larger sensing area
- measure the average temperature of an area than a point
- Easy installation, optional with adhesive tape backing
- Excellent moisture resistance